I'm Still Here - A Life and Workshop Update

Starting Fresh in 2024


A moment from the heart:

I will begin by saying - I know I've been absent for almost a year.
My life and my kids' lives took a drastic turn at the end of June last year and we are finally starting fresh this year after some BIG changes to our family and our daily lives.

We have gone from a family of 4 to 3. 

It has been a rollercoaster of ups and downs and frankly - I haven't had it in me to speak about it without a sickness welling up inside me.
The past 6 months were very difficult for us. However, the three years before it were much, much harder.

You can't force someone to change or to grow. You can only ask to be treated better: with the respect you deserve, to be shown love instead of given fear, and to be treated like an equal - not a property. And you can only hope that it will happen for you.

If a person you love chooses not to change the behavior that's hurting you or refuses to grow with you, you have to ask yourself how long you want to live in fear, to walk on eggshells, or endure a feeling of deep and bottomless sorrow...then you make your choice.

I made the right choice, yet the road ahead is still a blur. 

I have done things on my own as a wife for so many years, that the daily chores didn't change much at all. I have put so much hard work into this family and it shows, especially now. 
When the only thing that changes is that your home goes from fear and anger to peace and acceptance - you did the right thing.

I will continue to work on creating an amazing life for me and my two (not-so-anymore) littles and we will be just fine.

Moving Forward:

I have a great job at the local school now and I am still working from home as much as I can. I don't need to as often anymore, however, I find that it eases my mind to do so. Especially on woodwork and any kind of creating; art gives me peace.

I have two novels to finish and another I'd like to start soon. On top of those, I have SO many wood projects and home improvement projects in mind and I am excited to get them going so I can share them with all of you. 

Our family camper is gone now, so I am pushing harder to finish my Lil Vardo in time for the camping season.
All that is left is a refresh on the paint job, lights, tires, and license. Then...we're on the road!

My son and I also have big plans to rebuild a Wanderer miny camper for him to use and I have another popup to tear down and rebuild into something solid. So many plans on the list of to-dos.


Creature Feature:

They bring a lot of joy to our family and provide some never-ending entertainment. 

I have looked into expanding our herd and bringing in some new types of fuzzy friends. We have played around with the idea of alpacas, sheep, perhaps emu, or even a horse.

Who knows? Maybe we'll become the funny farm of North Dakota!



And so forth:

As I slowly travel through this frozen season, adding to my to-dos and planning for our future, I hope you travel along with me.

I hope to make things entertaining enough for all of you and I'd love to see what you have planned for the year to come. 

Much love, from me and mine,


If you'd like to follow along in real-time on Instagram, you can find me here:


Rather find me on TikTok? Try here:



No matter where you find me, 
I hope you find me and mine well and happy.
I hope the same for you and yours.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stain Wood With Acrylic Paint | Woodworking DIY

Preserving Deer Tails 101

Viking Pie with Ground Pork Chorizo ~ SPICY