"Lil Vardo" Part 2

It's been a while!

If you haven't already, you can check out Part 1 here: Lil Vardo, Part 1

Welcome to part 2 of the "Lil Vardo" homemade camper update! I promise you I've been working very hard on it for the past two years. 

However, work and life always get in the way of our hobbies, so progress is slow. 

Since my last update:

The floor has been completed, interior walls and paint, countertop and cupboards, the frame for the fold-out full-sized bed, and I am now working on the inside wheel covers and fold-out bench. This bench will be permanent, padded, and upholstered, while the opposite bench (yet to be constructed) will fold out into a small bed.




Everything takes time. Since this project is just a side adventure of my own - it seems to get put on the back burner when new (more important) projects arise. Yet, I'm always thinking of ways to finish it, what to add to it, how to improve it, and so on. 

One day, Lil Vardo will be finished and on the road.

Below, you can scroll to the right by clicking the little arrow to see an update I posted to Instagram with more interior photos! If you'd like regular updates on this and my life on the farm in general, give me a follow! @bohemian_firefly



The walls have been done in thin cedar closet tongue and groove - which smells AMAZING every time you step inside!

The floor is the cheapest laminate I could possibly find - hence why I ended up with dark gray instead of something flashy. (I don't want to put too much money into this build)

All of the interior paint has been leftover or collected from family members, EXCEPT for the peacock teal on the cupboard doors and thin trim above the countertop. 

The countertop has been constructed of strips of 2x4 - cut VERY thin. Each strip was sanded smooth and then torched. After the burning, each piece was stained with a different bold food coloring, then adhered and nailed to the 1/2" countertop plywood panel. I added four coats of sealant to the top.

As far as the trim in this Vardo is concerned - I used each and every spare piece I could find to touch-up, cover-up, and fancy-up whatever area needed it.

Like I said in Part 1: I have no idea what I'm doing, so mistakes will be made. May as well make them pretty!

I hope you enjoyed the update, and I'll get my behind back to work so we can have a Part 3!




Comments

  1. Do these crystals retain their color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're referring to the crystals on the DIY Borax crystal post, they do quite some time. Keeping them out of direct sunlight helps.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stain Wood With Acrylic Paint | Woodworking DIY

Preserving Deer Tails 101

Viking Pie with Ground Pork Chorizo ~ SPICY