Sandhills Journal

Sandhills Journal

I am very excited to tell you about my current project in the making!

Lately, I have been pushing myself to get after my projects that have been placed on the back-burner for far too long.

I live in an area of North Dakota that most people dub as "boring" or "nothing but corn". 

Well, my friends, while I realize that Easter Nodak really is covered in corn, it is also covered in amazing people and places. Our little corner of the state is home to many small businesses, incredible people, homesteaders, small-towners, and hidden gems.

It's hard for most people to see the beauty in this area, even for those who live here. However, you just need some motivation and know where to look.

My plan, with this little venture, is to highlight all of those things and show everyone just how special we really are.

The Sheyenne National Grasslands The Sandhills) cover a very large area. Most people know of just one section, but the sections just keep going. There is so much to see, places to hike, people to meet, businesses to support, and stories to hear that it just needs to be collected into one place!

So, in this next month (I'm well into it already) I will be interviewing a group of amazing folks, finding businesses to advertise (free of cost for the first issue!), and photographing anything and everything I can!

The spring edition of the Sandhills journal will be incredible and I hope that it reaches every inch of Eastern North Dakota. I have a list of articles that I believe everyone will enjoy and an enormous file of photographs to add the beauty of the area to the pages within. 

If you are in this area or the closely surrounding area and you are interested in taking part in this magazine, message me with anything you'd like to see (I can't pick everything, but suggestions are always welcome), questions you have, or recommendations for interviewees and small businesses. I have a few interviews set up for next week, but the more the merrier.

This magazine will be available in my online shop, blog, and you will be able to contact me directly to get a copy. If all goes as planned, I'll look into surrounding shops where it can be purchased as well!

I am shooting for March 20th, which is the spring equinox in the Northern Hemisphere! So, keep an eye out come spring for the very first Sandhills Journal!

As far as advertisements go - Any small (SE ND area) business is welcome: be it bar, home-based shop, newly founded businesses, and long-time existing are welcome. There is a limited amount of ad space at this point, so it will be first come first serve.

~ Since this will be the very first issue, I'm offering free advertising. I'd rather not have someone invest if it doesn't generate enough attention for a second issue. 

~ HOWEVER, If all goes well, I'll include a form on my blog, FB page, and elsewhere to get into the next issue along with the advertising fee information. 




~Bohemian Firefly on the web~


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stain Wood With Acrylic Paint | Woodworking DIY

Preserving Deer Tails 101

Viking Pie with Ground Pork Chorizo ~ SPICY