My tiny home/cabin renovation ~ Part 2

My tiny home/cabin renovation ~ Part 2


I'm making progress!
If you haven't already been through ~ Part 1 ~ you can find it here:


I've been working my a$$ off this past week to get things done! 
I just started on the siding to take a small break from the interior work. I used panels I had lying around and stained them onyx black. I chose the black so that when I plant flowers along this side they will definitely stand out!

Also, my two front windows are done (to be photographed later) and I put in the trim and built a new door!

 

This door means the world to me. The original door was SO crooked that the barn swallows kept getting in and making nests on my freshly sealed walls. So, I worked my behind off to make a new door completely out of scrap wood and leftover stain and paint!

I went with the onyx stain to match the siding and the inside of the door was painted with a leftover sample from my mother's house projects, with a beautiful little yoga-tree-lady to spice it up a bit. I have yet to find the perfect knob for it, so for now- it closes with a gate latch. I have vintage crystal knobs that I can't find the hardware for, so I may have to just order a new crystal knob and be done with it.

My door jambs and trim are not up yet, so you'll have to keep an open mind, but here is a view from the inside. I'll share an outside view when I get the siding done on that end. All of those gaps will be sealed shut sometime this week.


As for the trim, I used another paint sample from ma that was a pretty orange that complimented the blue immensely. It'll be used around the windows as well when I get to that point.


My next step would be to suck it up and put in the window and door jambs, then finish the trim completely so the inside work is done and I'm ready to move some fun stuff in. I rarely do anything in any kind of order that makes sense, so I imagine the fun stuff will be moved in before I finish the trim. I'll have to fight the urge not to, but I can see it happening. At least one chair to rest in from time to time.

Now, I have a solar light that will go up in the inside and another set of string lights for the outside. I also am planning on ordering a wireless air conditioner (look it up on amazon) so that I don't continue to roast to death in the warmer months. For the winter though, I have a corner fireplace that fits perfectly and won't take up more room than necessary. 

I decided not to go with the cast iron wood stove because it needs to be too far away from the wall. So, that guy might be either sold or used as an outdoor cooker. I also have some incredible vintage tiles for in front of the hearth and possibly in front of the door if I have enough.

Stay tuned for part 3!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stain Wood With Acrylic Paint | Woodworking DIY

Preserving Deer Tails 101

Viking Pie with Ground Pork Chorizo ~ SPICY