Indian Healing Clay: Face Mask Edition | Product Review

Why do I do these things to myself...

Today I got my Indian Healing Clay in the mail. I've always been curious to try a clay face mask and today I finally got that chance.

indian healing clay face mask

I would love to say that it went smoothly- but nothing I do ever goes smoothly. That's ok. It makes life more interesting.

This is the Indian Healing Clay I purchased:



It felt amazing, during and after, but I did have some trouble with it. Mainly mixing it.

On the instructions, it says to mix the clay 3 parts water to 1 part clay. I would HIGHLY suggest upping the water with this. 3:1 goes on SO thick and it's nearly impossible to spread on your skin. It clumps and is very very hard to work with.

Try a 4:1 ratio or even more until it's a smooth consistency you can work with. I know that clay masks are supposed to be thick, but the 3:1 ratio made me feel like I was molding a coffee mug in art class.

When I finally got it all mushed on my skin, it felt great. It did tingle a little bit and I have very sensitive skin - so I cut the time in half. Unfortunately, since the mask was so thick, it didn't dry completely, but it dried enough in the areas I was more concerned with.

Luckily, it is only recommended to use this clay mask once a week - so I won't be clogging up my sink drain as badly as I thought.

I will update after next week's application to let you know of any significant changes to my skin, but I can say that this initial go-around made it feel amazingly soft and smooth.

This clay can be used in many ways (according to the label):




So far I like the product. 

The only negatives I can think of at this time is the consistency at the recommended mixing ratio AND when mixed at the recommended ratio...it's a pain in the a$$ to wash it off.

I will not stop using it (I bought a big jar that will not go to waste) but I will be tweaking my mixtures to better suit me.

The best thing about this is that it is 100% pure Sodium Bentonite. 100% pure always sounds good to me

Give it a try!

**Update**

So far so good! It is shrinking my pores and drying out my acne quite well.
I had high hopes for this stuff and it is, luckily, as good as I hoped it would be.

Just a side note: do not leave this on longer than recommended. It will leave your face very red for a while. The recommended time is there for a reason. Aren't you glad I figured that out for you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stain Wood With Acrylic Paint | Woodworking DIY

Preserving Deer Tails 101

Easy Borax Crystals From Start to Finish * Science experiments